Thursday 19 July 2007

Updates!

So back in England now and unfortunately on landing I got really sick with some strange bug I probably caught off the plane - so haven't really done anything other than groan and shiver in bed. Today however is a good day and probably the first since I've joined the land of the living.

Whilst I was back home in Singapore my Aunty RW. made this super carrot cake and I'm so inspired I'm going to try the recipe she sent today ( I have a couple of hours)
Also I have to say I got really inspired by the time I spent living with my Grandma and how she was able to knock up a super delicious kuay teow soup in all of 10 minutes just so the pincilla could have lunch!

So impressed I decided that I'd remember that and make more meals at home rather than coping out and ordering a chinese take away! I forget that meals don't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. They can be simple and nutritious!

I especially loved the garlic and spinach soup I was imbibing every other day as that is my nan's staple diet . Teehee - so much healthy home cooked food I have to say I didn't miss the usual hawker fair - My grandma even made some fantastic chicken rice which really fulfiled my hearts desire ;-) I think I put on a ton of weight though.

Anyway I shall try to faithfully take photos of today's carrot cake shinnanigans.
Also I'm out of kaya so I thought I'd make up a batch along with ye olde carrot cake.

Found a fab recipe online here http://www.makantime.com/kaya.htm

No comments: