Monday 5 February 2007

Nosh Lab : Experiments in foodie perfection (Intro)


Often I find that the experiments I do in my kitchen, tend to be about capturing something I have tasted before, or remember quite fondly. Some involve family recipes that have no notations and are perhaps echos of the originals as interpreted by me. Some are about capturing remembered dishes that I have tasted in my travels or restaurant dining experiences; Some are about finding suitable substitutes in the absence of those exotic ingredients. Some are ofcourse things I have simply thrown together because they sounded like a good idea.

Pincilla found it funny that none of the pictures in my blog are taken by me. This isn't all true (or atleast won't all be that true). Granted, most of the pictures you will find here were taken by the Pincilla; I have been known to snap the occasional pic of my own creations.

I look at it this way; My main concern is the taste of the food which is president over taking photos of it for posterity. I am just glad that I have friends who do!

How the blogs labeled 'Nosh Lab' differ from those simply marked 'Nosh Recipes', is their experimental nature. The entries herein contain my own notes, hyperbole, theories and observations.

2 comments:

pincilla said...

the photos were a fast track to get things rolling and pincilla is happy to be able to help out :) photos are just photos until you attach stories or memories to them, and then it all comes together and gets life! before long, all the photos on the nook will be yours and then pincilla can see nosh through mying's eyes :p looking forward to that :)
(especially from wayyyyyy over here...)
still, glad the photos are apt for the blog for now and thanks for using them :)

savage73 said...

i can relate to this.. i ALWAYS forget to take pics of my cooking too!! Getting the food to taste good and then making sure that it gets to the table hot and ensuring that everyone has a good meal always seem to come first, then at the end, i'm like, damn... forgot.. again.. :p